Tuesday, July 17, 2007

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC IN BRAINTREE!

What? I know that's what you're thinking about my title, but I'll explain. My backyard has become a National Geographic episode. So the other day the fam was BBQ'in in the yard. We could hear chirping from the tree above. We watched and saw 2 robins waiting to land in their nest, mouths full of worms. But because we were sitting there, they were scared. James didn't believe me that there was a nest full of babies, so he climbed the tree to see. And because I couldn't resist, I climbed the tree too, skirt and flip flops didn't stop me! The poor babies were crying and hungry so I made everyone move the BBQ inside so the robins would feed the babies. So as I was going up our stairs, I noticed that you had a perfect view of the robins feeding the worms to the babies, I called everyone out to watch. It was incredible, a true National Geographic moment. The kiddies learned first hand about the birds & bees. And to top it off, the following day we watched snails crawl down the side of our stairs. (Grandma brought sea snails over from her ocean home). Watch out Bindi Erwin, here comes The Federico Girls. If you don't know who Bindi is, google it! She's famous.
xoxo Kate

No comments: